D-Sub connectors, also known as D Subminiature or D type connectors are small, lightweight connectors that are ideally suited for military equipment, industrial instrumentation, ground support devices and computer equipment. They can also be found in consumer electronics, telecommunications systems, medical equipment and local area networks (LANs).
D Subminiature connectors are available in a variety of shell sizes and pin-outs. The standard shell sizes are 9, 15, 25, 37 and 50. Shells are a steel material with plating options of cadmium or zinc nickel for ROHS compliance. D sub connectors are qualified to MIL-DTL-24308 and they utilize standard size 20 pin and socket contacts per AS39029. Size 22 contacts are also used in the higher density connectors. Contacts can be non-removable or removable, with options of crimp, solder cup or PC tail.
Air Electro is a franchised distributor for ADI Electronics, a leading QPL manufacturer of MIL-DTL-24308 connectors based out of Dallas, Texas. We are also a fully authorized distributor of Amphenol PCD and Positronic D-Sub connectors.
We stock the full breadth of shell sizes, pin-outs and plating options, in addition to maintaining a robust inventory of the necessary AS39029 contacts and ancillary locking hardware used for connector mounting. All D Sub product is “off the shelf” and ready to ship same day.
Let’s take a look at some of the D-Sub interconnect solutions offered by Air Electro:
ADI Electronics D-Sub MIL-DTL-24308 Connectors
ADI Electronics MIL-DTL-24308 D-Sub connector comes with multiple shell sizes and pin-outs. Standard shell sizes are 9, 15, 25, 37 and 50 positions. Contacts are available in 20 AWG solder-pot, crimp or printed circuit contacts and intermate with MIL-DTL-24308 connectors.
- Standard contact termination accommodates 20 AWG wire at 5 Amps.
- Shells: Steel, cadmium plated with yellow chromate supplementary coating.
- Insulators: Commercial/Military – Green polyester per MIL-M-24519
- Contacts: Non-Removable and Removable
- Pins – copper alloy, gold over nickel plate.
- Sockets – phosphor bronze, gold over nickel plate.
- Float mounting available
- Rivets and Washers: Stainless Steel
- Coupling: Friction and Locking Accessories
- Polarization: Keystone shaped shells
- Contact type: Captivated
- Termination: Solder pot, crimp removable and printed circuit (including right-angle)
- Wire Size: 20 AWG
- Current Rating: 5 amps
- Voltage Rating: 1250 VAC at sea level – 375 VAC at 70,000 feet
- Voltage Drop: 20 AWG contacts: 55mV Max initial and 65 mV Max after corrosion at 7.5amps (when tested in accordance with MIL-C-24308)
Amphenol D-Sub Connectors – MIL-DTL-24308
These rack and panel type subminiature connectors feature polarized shells. Pcd’s D-Sub connectors are MIL-DTL-24308 approved. Using pin and socket machined contacts, these connectors provide high density and reliability. Most commonly used in applications where dimensions and weight are of crucial importance. D-Sub Series come in various options-PCB, solder, crimp, and wire-wrap contacts. All Amphenol D-Subs feature flame-resistant thermoplastic housing inserts and satisfy UL-94 qualifications.
Air Electro stocks and offers the same day shipping on many Amphenol Pcd D-Sub connectors. Our technical staff can assist any of your needs.