A delegation of twelve companies established in Los Angeles, California, visited Mexicali with the purpose creating a connection between the aerospace sectors in Los Angeles and Baja California regions, as well as identifying and facilitating supplier-buyer business relationships among aerospace companies of both cities.
During the tour, the delegation had the opportunity to visit some of the most representative aerospace companies in the city of Mexicali, such as Honeywell Aerospace, GKN Aerospace Composite Structures and UTC Aerospace Systems.
Furthermore, a business seminar was held at Cetys University, where visitors were presented with the evolution of 50 years of the aerospace industry in Mexicali, the complex operations with advanced materials and services of high added value performed in the city, as well as the advantages of Mexicali as a strategic location for complementing the aerospace industry of California and the U.S.
Jose Luis Arroyo and Jorge Sosa of Cetys; Felipe Cusnir and Adrienne Lindgren of the Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti; Marlen Marroquin of the US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Silvia Cardenas of the U.S. Department of Commerce; Elizabeth Glynn of California Manufacturing Technology Consulting CMT; Victor Hidalgo of the Baja California Aerospace Alliance; Manuel Rubio of SEDECO; Mario Juarez of CDIM; and Xavier Rivas of PIMSA Industrial Developers participated as speakers during this seminar.
After the seminar, a B2B meetings session with Mexicali companies of the aerospace sector was held also at Cetys University.
Aerospace companies part of the visiting delegation from Los Angeles:
- Air Electro Inc. – Design and manufacturing of custom connectors and contacts.
- Alcast Mfg. Inc. – Aluminum, brass & bronze castings and CNC machining.
- Ancra International – Aircraft cargo loading systems and subsystems.
- Hixson Metal Finishing – Metal finishing, anodizing, plating, paint, non-destructive testing, chemical film coating.
- Mackenzie Aircraft Parts – Aircraft parts and components supplier.
- Mar Engineering – Precision CNC machining solutions.
- Neo Technology – Electronics manufacturing.
- Nycote Laboratories – Protective coatings for corrosion.
- RDM Industries – Converts all types of flexible films, foam, rubber, paper and other substrates, primarily Polyester (PET), Polypropylene (OPP) films, and Lidding Films.
- SoCal Aerospace Group – Sales & marketing consultants.
- U DASH Inc. – Alloy machined components, aircraft door and hinge pins.
- United Precision Corp. – Design, welding and machining.
Mayor of Mexicali, Gustavo Sanchez, hosted a cocktail reception at Casa de la Cultura, where he welcomed the delegation and shared his plans of visiting Mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti, with a delegation from Mexicali, as a follow up of the efforts promoting business opportunities between the cities.
We appreciate the dedication of Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Baja California Aerospace Alliance, SEDECO and CDIM; that along with PIMSA Industrial Developers coordinated efforts to make this agenda possible.